Men need to take care of their skin as much as women need. Skin is just like any other vital part of our body that must be something to be looked after by all of us. The misconception is that a skincare routine is generally popular in females because they need to look presentable and good in societal events and whatsoever. And that is something very fatal to believe in. You don’t eat to show, you eat because you need food to survive. It is the same when it comes to taking care of your skin. You don’t take care because you look good, you need to take care of your skin because it is the part that continuously comes exposure to external factors. And continuous exposure to sun, dirt, and pollution can be lethal for your skin health. Be it, men or women.
Why Men Are More Prone to Skin Disease Than Women?
The first and foremost reason why men are more prone to skin diseases than women is that they don’t tend to look after their skin so often. The acne is mostly triggered by the male hormones that are androgen in women and testosterone in men. The testosterone in men stimulates oil production and it eventually causes acne combining the external dirt and blocked skin pores by pollutants.
Another factor is that men are most likely to have skin disease because they don’t naturally apply sunscreen when they are outside. Direct exposure to the sun to the skin can be fatal. As it is proven by the researchers that the harmful UV rays of the sun are the main reason for developing melanoma and skin cancer. Although the skin cancer is cent percent curable if treated in the early stage. Compared to women, mostly men die every year from skin cancer as they avoid the abnormal symptoms regarding their skin health.
Diseases like eczema, wart, psoriasis, and acne are more likely to be seen chronic in men. That is why it is necessary to recognize the skin as only a part of their body, not as something for only women to take care of.
Taking care of skin is not a “feminine urge” but a very normal process to take care of your health.
Easy Skin Care Tips for Men
1. Starting a skincare routine ain’t hard if maintained consistency. The rough, dull, and dark skin can become a healthy one just in a month with not much hard work.
2. The necessary fact is to clean your skin regularly and twice a day. Wash your skin in the morning before applying moisturizer and sunscreen of high SPF, and at night. Cleaning the skin will allow the blocked skin pores to open up and wash away the dirt.
3. Moisturizing skin is very important. Moisturizing helps the skin to stay hydrated and soft. You can switch to lightweight lotions if you have oily skin. Lightweight creams and lotions don’t stick to the skin and do the same thing as moisturizers.
4. Applying sunscreen is a must. Apply sunscreen of high SPF. Apply sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful sun rays and prevent fatal skin diseases.
5. Always apply toner and moisturizers after shaving. Razor shavers burn your skin and make the ingrown hair and skin sensitive to external factors like pollution and dirt.
6. Drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits and green vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are full of antioxidants, essential vitamins, and nutrients. Maintaining a balanced diet will eventually make your overall skin healthy and flawless.
Now we know why men need to look after their skin too. Skin needs to be taken care of by all of us. The essential measures and consistent skincare routine can help prevent many fatal diseases from occurring. We all know a say, “prevention is always better than cure”.