Did you lose skin firmness over the period? Address the concern of skin elasticity and it would help you regain firmness automatically. That said, skin firmness can be worked on by adopting a skincare routine and lifestyle modifications.
How to Improve Skin Elasticity and Firmness at Home?
1. Protect Your Skin from the Sun to Prevent Collagen and Elastin Loss
Be consistent with your sun protection routine by opting for the right sunscreen, hats, protective clothing, staying under shelter, and reapplying a wide spectrum of mineral sunscreen during prolonged sun exposure.
2. Cut Back on Consumption of Sugary Foods
Drinking alcohol leads to skin aging and thinning over time.Intake of sugary foods in excess amounts leads to glycation where the excessive sugar gets attached to proteins like elastin fibers and collagen, destroying them. This causes AGEs that trigger premature skin aging, where the skin gets crepey, saggy, wrinkled, and defaced. Rather than consuming refined carbs, eat whole foods packed with antioxidants, lean protein, and vitamins. Foos like kiwi, kale, berries, oranges, tomatoes, carrots, winter squash, avocados, turmeric, fishes (rich in omega-3), nuts, whole grains, and beans would help boost skin firmness naturally.
3. Regulate Your Lifestyle to Act Against Excessive Radical Formation and Inflammaging
Abiding in a disciplined routine can maintain health in the long run. The below tips can help you get started:
• Consume a healthy diet packed with whole foods.
• Factors like stress, poor sleeping conditions, lack of physical activity, smoking, and pollution can result in premature skin aging. The state is caused by free radicals and at times physiologic inflammation (which leads to a condition known as inflammaging).
• Sleep for 7 – 9 hours in a dark ambiance. There must not be any screen light in the surrounding environment.
• Exercise regularly.
• Don’t take too much stress.
• Avoid smoking.
• Limit exposure to polluting elements.
• Use skin care products packed with antioxidants. It would shield the skin against the harmful radicals which cause skin thinning.
4. Apply Antioxidant Skin Care Products Daily
It would help protect the skin from the damaging free radicals that cause skin thinning. The intake of antioxidants must be abundant. Either way, the skin can be enriched with supraphysiologic antioxidants by the application of medicated antioxidants. However, the best antioxidants to prevent loss of skin firmness and elasticity resulting from exposure to UV rays and metabolism are vitamin C, E, and green tea polyphenols. Green tea is a great ingredient to lower the risk of skin cancer while helping the most sensitive complexions tolerate AHAs and retinoids.
Note: Vitamin C gets quickly inactivated when it comes into contact with air. Therefore, if you’re using any such product which is not stored in an airtight tube, it won’t be effective in delivering skin benefits.
5. Apply Hyaluronic Acid Serum
It’s a great remedy for immediate skin plumping to smoothen the crepey skin patterns. Also, it doesn’t amount to collagen buildup. Collagen supplements can also be a sound option to boost the amount of skin collagen.
Hurry up and get started with the ideal skincare routine before it’s too late!